Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Flip Flops
















Today's shoes are ones I can wear on my head. Well, my ears. I thought I'd share them because a) I really like these earrings and b) because they were a present from hubby on Valentine's Day, our first as married folks and after surviving the Summer of Shit (hereafter referred to as S.O.S.) .

Summer of Shit, summer 2005 to those of you unafflicted by the horror, saw the diagnosis of bryduck's lymphoma (immediately after the sports doc he saw for the unexplained and excruciating neck pain he was feeling said, "At least you don't have cancer! We'll fix you up, Chief!"). And continued throes in scout's long battle to find out what was going on with her. Along with heart troubles for my dad and bryduck's mom, and the bad fall and break of hip #2 for bryduck's mom.

Anyways, as I think I told y'all in a previous post, hubby has taken an interest in my shoe hobby, and it was a stroke of genius and thoughtfulness on his part to find me some jewelry about shoes for a V-Day gift.

There's something about a flip-flop interpreted in white gold and diamonds that I find witty. (Actually, I think I just enjoy using "interpret" and "witty" together in a fashion context, since it reads like something off Project Runway, an all-time favorite reality show of mine.) I like these better than earrings of shoes that I wear more typically, i.e. 3" heels. In fact, in the last two months, I've purchased three pairs of actual flip-flops which I've taken to wearing around regularly in contrast to my usual more constructed summer sandals... Coincidence? I think not.

3 comments:

bryduck said...

I just wish I could have afforded the extravagance of the blue inlay version, because those were sweet. I'm overjoyed that you liked these, sweetie! : *

Unknown said...

As someone who used to wear chinese paper lanterns (not life size) and christmas ornaments (life size)on her ears but no longer can (maybe because I used to hang things like lanterns and ornaments from my ears), I *love* these. I'm jealous!

Teresa said...

That hubby of yours is an OK guy. It's not just anybody who not only loves you but genuinely gets you, and you, my dear, have been gotten.